Run for Cancer Treatment - 2023
REGISTRATION BELOW - After logging in the site
From 2019, the UP Sports Office has been hosting this 15-year-old charity event in Pécs, which is uniquely supplemented this year by a jubilee university sports day co-organized by the UP Athletics Club.
The primary objective of the Sports Office team is to allocate all the funds collected from the run to support the patients of a foundation. This year, the beneficiary of the charity run is the EURAKVILO Pediatric Oncology and Children's Hospice Public Benefit Foundation.
On September 9th, join us to run, jog, walk, or even bring a pram or your dog, all for a good cause in Pécs.
In addition to university citizens, all residents of Pécs are welcome to participate in the event.
- 09:00-10:30 Registration at Széchenyi Square (for those who haven't pre-registered)
- 09:15-10:30 DJ Dominique/ Dance performances (by UP Dance Team)
- 10:30-10:40 Opening ceremony
- 10:40-10:55 Warm-up
- 11:00-11:30 Start (running, jogging, walking)
- 11:30-12:00 Awarding running ambassadors
- 12:00-12:30 Raffle with valuable prizes
- 13:30- Jubilee University Sports Day
- Distance: 2.6 km
- Planned route: Széchenyi Square – Irgalmasok Street – Citrom Street – Jókai Square – Apáca Street – Szent István Square – Janus P. Street – Mária Street – Flórián Square – Nagy Flórián Street – Király Street – Széchenyi Square
- Charity fee: minimum 2500 HUF. The participation fee includes with a gift T-shirt* - while stocks last.
- Pre- registration: August 24 - September 04, 2023. Can be done individually here, at the event (below) - or via running ambassadors**.
- On-site registration: September 09, 2023, 9:00-10:30 (Please note that a limited number of gift T-shirts will be available for on-site registration.)
- Pre-registered participants can personally pick up their T-shirts at the Rector's Cabinet, Vasvári Pál street 4, office 004, or from their ambassador on September 06 and 07, upon payment of the charity fee.
- The ambassador who recruits the most runners will receive a reward.
All deep-hearted, helpful, sports-loving fans are welcome! Come run with us.
* With the gift t-shirt, you can visit the Pécs Zoo (50%) and the Mecsextrém Park (20%) at a discount on the charity day.
** A running ambassador recruits as many runners as they can among their acquaintances and friends. They also collect the charity fees in advance and distributes the T-shirts.